Thread: [SailfishOS] [Announce] Poor Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by bomo View Post
Thanks a lot! I today tried the automatic rerouting functionality and it's working fine. May I ask whether it is possible to add an option to adjust the details of when it starts the rerouting ? Would it also be possible to add a 'lock on streets' functionality if I select car navigation ? Or is that not possible due to the maps/tiles ?
@bomo, maybe you could be a bit more specific:

* Re rerouting details: which details do you want to adjust? In general, its all expected to be working out of the box, without any adjustments needed. To know the internal parameters - which router did you use in Poor Maps (Mapzen, OSM Scout, ...)?

* Re lock on streets: I presume you mean something like shown as a map matching service at https://mapzen.com/blog/map-matching/? Its possible to implement it, would need some time though. The router behind Mapzen and OSM Scout (Valhalla) does support map matching and we could implement it for online and offline navigation. "Just" have to expose functionality, connect it to Poor Maps, and allow users to enable/disable it.

I wonder whether you have terrible GPS signal and rerouting is triggered too frequently?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: