View Single Post
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
I doubt Nokia shareholdes own an N900. (My own view is that shareholders for Nokia are gibbering monkeys who still use the 6210, because any sane shareholder would have kicked their CEO into touch years ago for being an idiot)

I think if you want flash 10, it would be mozilla that does it or some other community concern. Nokia have long set the standard for support on the N900 that it would be "community based support". Lets be honest, all we ask is a working ovi maps, ovi suite and a myriad of little fixes or support. Nearly all we ask for is ignored until community enthusiasts come up with something. Which is usually not up to scratch for the first six months. Which seems to then take the heat off Nokia.

HOWEVER, that being said. Nokia don't sell it as a phone, because it obviously would fail in that. So they sell it as an internet tablet. If most websites use Flash 10.1, and this brick can't do flash. Then they can't even sell it as an internet tablet, and finally you can do them under the trades description act.

HOWEVER what I then fear is they will remove from market the N900 and we are once again on our own. Lets be honest people, the phone panned, isn't a big seller and they have removed Maemo from their forward thinking.

So anyone still think Flash 10.1 will come from Nokia, or Mozilla will be the one that does it for us.