Thread: Buy.com
View Single Post
alvindd::

Originally Posted by alvindd View Post
... I was also happy that it had the latest software installed.
I didn't think that Nokia had issued any SW updates since the original N800 release at the time of CES in January. Am I wrong about this? I've been holding off a bit on my purchase awaiting at least a modest update from Nokia. Thanks.

A few general comments:

Re N800 retailers and price discounting in the US:

First, I'm surprised to see the N800 available from so many retailers (Buy.com, J&R.com, Outpost.com (which is Fry's online presence), CompUSA.com and at least their remaining stores, etc.). It seems like pre-N800 you could only buy a 770 direct from Nokia or at CompUSA - now they seem to be everywhere.

Second, I'm surprised to see the price discounting of the N800 and especially so soon after it's release -- eg, we know we can get it at

- Buy.com for $362.99 (and my research indicates this is their "everyday low price" ... not a weekly special ... but we could see it pop up even lower on sale in a future week)

- MobileCityOnline.com even lower at $359.99 as bac522 reports

- J&R website for $369.99 (this is one of those "you must add to your shopping cart before we can disclose our very low price" gimmicks and is probably short-term)

- and a few other places as well

It seems like the 770 was basically never discounted until just before the N800 release.

Re Buy.com:

I have purchased many items from Buy.com and have had only very positive experiences each time. Recommended.