View Single Post
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mobile
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Exactly, Nokia is a very different mobile company than Apple so just comparingApples high-end strategy with Nokia's low-mid-high range strategy will be difficult.

Symbian spanned across all three catergories and therein Meego could not fill the gap.
While Meego might be great for the high-end only how would you replace the low-mid end with if not with Symbian ?

WM7 I am not sure plays to which category really, but Android at least has shown it works from low-end $99 phones to high-end Samsung Galaxy series. So if WM7 can do that then thats adequte reason for Elop's strategy.
So the argument is that although Meego could support a range of phones that could match apple..... it should be put on the back-burner in favour of windows because it is not ready for low end phones?

I would have thought that matching apple in the new world of an ecosystem best centred around one key smart phone.......yes which is different from the old world of low a plethora low end phones which do not support an ecosystem ......that matching that and having nokias own ecosystem should have been the goal?

No....i guess trying to build Microsoft's ecosystem rather than being a competitor makes more sense. Except, Nokia is unlikely to prosper as just another builder of a phone for an ecosystem.