View Single Post
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
@Feathers, yes I know. It was a rhetorical question.

I have some experience with that too. My former employer ran a similar scheme. £x for a patent application, another £x if the patent gets granted. I had a patent application that for some reason was accepted as "provisional". I did not even know such a thing existed and apparently neither did the company's top management, so they did not know what to do. Eventually they paid me £x/2, with the rest to be paid when the application gets promoted to a full status. I was supposed to provide some more details for that to happen. But I had a moment of epiphany and decided not to go along with that. So I did my little bit in preventing my former employer from becoming a patent troll

@OVK, it does not need to be expensive. The Optimum keyboard is expensive because it uses a lot of small displays. A phone could use a single, cheap display covering the entire keyboard background. Ideally a resistive one so it would be activated by mere pressure.

But what am I taking about. There is a patent now exactly to prevent that happening.

Not to mention that it is all off-topic. Sorry, Chen.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: