View Single Post
Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Originally Posted by ravelo View Post
A commentary was posted [...] at the indiegogo page [...]

"I am very exited about this product, but my excitement is tempered by two things:
- Your CEO is affiliated with another Indiegogo project, the ZX Spectrum Vega Plus project, which has not been delivered to date, what is his role in that project? [...]"
So this news article may be relevant:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39191064

Essentially they summarize the bad state of the project.
Long overdue, lack of communication.

They add their correspondence with the company, which did not go well:
"Our clients are concerned that the BBC is in fact supporting and participating in a malicious campaign intended to denigrate our clients' reputation," wrote lawyers Michelmores LLP in a letter to the broadcaster.
Golem rephrased this into
"With threat of legal action the company tried to prevent press releases about the project"
Which is kinda over the top and wrong in my eyes. But they certainly haven't got a thick skin.

Anyway it seems they either are totally overwhelmed with the scale of the project or they decided to run with the money or they tried, didn't hit their deadline and after the response from their backers decided "Na they don't deserve it anyway"

I suggest again to stay away from funding the Gemini if this connection is there and wait for a final product.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post: