View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Hi eccenux, thanks for the tip.
Actually I have not tried to play sounds, I was so fixed on the idea of getting the vibration device working I did not think about outputting a clicking sound. That would probably work OK for keypress confirmation too.

As for status update on the vibration device initialization, I have not been actively trying to crack that nut for saome time now, as I have been otherwise enganged.
Anyway, as I state in my posting about four weeks ago, I managed to fish out the initialization sequences out from the closed-source library that does the init by building a debug version of vibration device that logs the given sequences.
Turns out there are 32 different samples that are each 306 words long. However, even as I initialize the device with exactly the same data, still I could not make it vibrate, there is something else that is needed.

You can load the source code for the initialization from my svn repository, https://toosa.swagman.org/svn/sillykbd/TRUNK/ The initialization routine and data is in the file "vibra_test.c"

Please test it, and if you find out what is missing/wrong in the initialization I would really like to hear!

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: