View Single Post
Hello!

I'am newbie in Maemo, but I have a small experience in Linux. And I want to update some packages in extras-repo.

I compiled new htop, curl, wget, zsh, make and some other apps on my n900 and they works great. Compilation on n900 very slow, need free space and I moved to cross-compilation.

Firstly, I installed and configured crosstool-ng, package for cross-compilation. It easy to use and using modern compilators and libs. But so much modern - many apps was need modern glibc or ncurses, for example. I built it, move to my N900, reboot and never boot up

Secondly, I tried to install scratchbox: find Debian Lenny distro, install, find needs repos archive, install and configure. But updated apps need updated libs - in scratchbox its outdated. I successfully compiled new Busybox-power, but can't make package - dpkg-buildpackage crash with "getopt not found". Getopt installed. I try to update perl and getopt for it, but this not resolve problem. I tried to google, google and google, but can't find answer. I spened on trying to build two weeks already and do not know what to do next.

Can advanced user make how-to or step-by-step example of packages update, please?

p.s. Sorry for my english