View Single Post
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
The funny part though, is that talk.maemo.org, previously InternetTabletTalk.com, has historically been mostly a user site. Developers--with noteable exceptions, of course--have largely stayed away, communicating via the mailing list and hanging out on IRC. Developers, after all, ofter prefer to be coding, not yakking about trivialities in long, winding threads. Sure, they may drop in to announce a new version of something or help a user who has hit a bug, but they haven't been the ones running up their post counts day in and day out.

Having the site go so quickly from being ribbed by the developers to being seen as "developer focused" leaves me chuckling.
I appreciate that. You have a longer history with this forum than I do.

All developers I've talked to have been extremely nice.

When I was writing the post I started with the word super-user. I adapted my text to fit Maemo Community’s official statement of purpose about the purpose of the Maemo Community in the Intro section which is why I selected the word "developer".

What I had in mind are people who's postings tell people they are stupid for having bought the N900, for having believed sales people, and who want features which obviously aren't part of the N900 etc.

They are in a minority, but it can be intimidating - and maybe that's the intention - for newcomers. Furthermore, I can understand that some of these super users/and or developers (whichever, I haven't been around here long enough to tell who's who exactly) do not want to be bothered with clutter and newbie questions, opinions and so on.

So, how about an update the official statement in the Intro section that caters to both developers, and users?

My proposal is intended to do something, whatever that diminishes the accusations, rudeness and creation of personal vendettas starting among participants on this forum which in the long run benefits no one.

Last edited by Gadgety; 2009-12-04 at 15:27.