View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
I am happy to announce 0.8.0 release.

This release is mainly about geocoder-nlp polishing. Searches using geocoder-nlp should be faster and the datasets are about 2 times smaller. The libpostal part is still as large as before, but that is out of my hands.

The database format has changed and, as a result, you would have to get new version of the maps. The maps have been uploaded, so all should be ready. If you get the server from Harbour, it should be published on 29th, to sync with the new maps update.

To update the maps, open Map Manager and click Check for updates. Note that due to incompatibility of geocoder-nlp part, you cannot use 0.7.x maps on 0.8.x if you subscribed to geocoder-nlp. Update the maps as soon as you move to 0.8.x, please.

In this version, Linux CLI is supported again. Use command line options to subscribe and download the maps. Some configuration is done via INI configuration file that is populated with defaults on the first run. If you have any questions, please ask and I will help you out.

There are several translations updated. In addition, several fixes are carried over via update of libosmscout version.

I consider geocoder-nlp as ready for use. Please let me know if you experience slow response, too much RAM used, missing or not found data in search. I'll be happy to improve it as much as I can.

Unless major bug reports will start flying in, I will focus now on other aspects of the map server.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: