View Single Post
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
I believe you are mostly right after my tests. The only thing I would like to point out is that the wav file is actually created imediately after you change the ringtone (it seems that changing the ringtone either on the settings or using dbus will trigger a background process that will convert the file into a wav file)
The big chalenge is that you dont have how to know about the wav file converted and stored on the "cache" folder. The dbus get_value call will return the original file location but the phone will use the cached file.
It seems that you just have to assume there will be a file on the cache folder and guess the name based on the "official" file returned by dbus.
Like you I haven't tested yet what happens if you assign a wav file. I hope it will copy the file to the cache folder as well....

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post: