View Single Post
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Well, as it happened I did not get to vote at all this time

Maybe that is only best since this was my pick for topic... I would have liked to see more entries but maybe it was just the wrong time to arrange tho competition... I hope the April topic attracts more people in!

So, the final poll was;
Macros, 4 votes (catbus, vetsin, theonelaw, mr_pingu)
robthebold, 2 votes ( Macros, shanttu)
juiceme, 0 votes
catbus, 0 votes

It's of course too late to cry over spilled milk and I have no excuse for being late except having had immense workload lately, but anyway for posterity here's my "light scrutiny" again on the competition entries;

#1. juiceme, Jolla 1, "Chaos Artists"
The disadvantages of poor optics become evident on this kind of capture where the dark tones dominate; sharpness is quite bad and the image appears a bit blurred. Image is fairly flat with all interesting detail on one plane. Colours come out nicely and make an interesting pattern. The main subjects, artists are captured immersed in their craft. Small details in the surroundings give out hints of the urban environment
#2. robthebold, OnePlus X / SFOS, "Spring Break in Park"
Lots of interesting detail in multiple levels, the "order" part neatly surrounded with the "chaos" part all around it, very good idea. Leaves in trees are partly burnt through but not distracting. Bonus points for fitting so many people in the frame.
#3. Macros, Nokia 808 Pureview, "Workplace"
Good setting, the contrast between the tidy and chaotic desks is well presented. The angle of the picture is a bit so-and-so, altough it does create good lead lines it is difficult to capture an overall balanced and pleasing image this way. It seems to me the image is not as sharp as one would expect from a capture with 808?
#4. catbus, N9, "Fence"
The fence is nice symmetric backdrop, even though the road behind is all the way burned. The chaotic elements should perhaps be even more unorderly to illuminate the idea to fullest. Good massing, density increases evenly towards the right edge.
My vote this month would have gone to @robthebold.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: