View Single Post
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
The lesson i finally learn is, you can absolutely fail with best intentions in mind.

Still some more differentiation is possible. I would support a project that learned the same lesson and finally treats community investors as what they are, brave high risc investors.
In my business life, i reported to investors weekly and to even get their attention and trust to start with, we agreed on phases and goals to be reached, bound to prospected amounts of investment money to be released.

The main problem for the future is practicabillity.
Dealing with one or two investors is hard enough and i do not see how we as a loose community could pull of an escrow like system to make such things happen our even take control of anything.

Business wise, the one who should provide this service and really has to learn its lesson to make their business future proof is indigogo and alikes. Also, that's the adress you all should put your grime as this is propably the only party still making profit under any circumstances.

More control/rules on crowdfunding sites would have aided in both cases. An overambitious and pink glass wearing youyota would have realized much earlier that even early selfset goals are unreachable, protecting them from lying to themselfes. A fraudulent youyota could have called out, our "system inherently" stopped much earlier.

I can only agree; transparency is what makes a high-risk transaction (like the tablet for instance) more realistic. Also, investors (if you have found the right ones) might even be able to "pull strings" and help.
It sounds to me hard to believe that the authors of this campain would not step forward and just say "no go due to XXX"; that would have been an easy way out to settle things and manage expectations (I mean failing is an option).
My point here being; is it *really* so hard to produce 4000 tablets which run SFOS nowadays (which is likely given the old cpu's); or is it just an excuse?

EDIT: I guess what Jolla could do, is to release under the Creative commons the tablet design?

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2018-05-14 at 09:40.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tortoisedoc For This Useful Post: