View Single Post
OK, for the benefit of anyone else reading (and curious what script changes will show up in Bundyo-Build), and even the Qole himself, should he inadvertently stumble into a lost pocket of civilization with a convergently-evolved wifi standard. (And also to remind me what I said I'd do... )

chroot
All scripts will be reformatted (indentation styles are one of the classic flamewar causes, so I'll take the liberty to proclaim they'll be reformatted properly!).

It'll also include an updated version of xpice, again reformatted.
I'll try to ensure they are well commented throughout, though that's never been my strong point.

Config will be in /home/use/.chroot, and will (likely) involve options for xpice, as well. Maybe (up to Qole) xpice will be renamed something else, and be easily changeable for different window managers; even if so, default behavior (in the absence of a config file, or with the shipped config file, if any) will be the same.

FVWM/multi-Xomap
Separately, and if Darken doesn't beat me to it, I may be releasing an independent script-up for running a second N+1th Xomap on a second N+1th VC, and using native FVWM (with an N800-friendly config) on it. (If Darken beats me with the release, I'll just sit back and gripe about his... )

This is a separate project with no chroot required, more like PB's KDE, but much less ambitious. It does provide a dandy place to run some chroot apps, though, hence its mention here.

FVWM, BTW, also has a set of impressive capabilities for small-screen work; any window may be scrollbarred by the WM, for instance, and you can set up virtual desktops larger than the screen, as well as normal independent desktops. I haven't been using IceWM, so I don't know how much it can do, but I suspect with a proper config FVWM2 will be better for most power users.

Other benefits, while I'm bragging, include full-screen resolution (rather than windowed) (EDIT: Guess I'm wrong here; Xephyr is running fullscreen in Qole's screenshot above.) and somewhat improved efficiency from direct-to-FB rendering (although that shouldn't be much different) and finally no impact from matchbox/hildon grabbing keys, popping notifications up, etc...

Last edited by Benson; 2008-07-22 at 16:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post: