View Single Post
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
It seems to work, though I wasn't able to complete the configuration of easy-debian-chroot, and so also switch-lxde stays unconfigured

EDIT: if you have problems in completing the configuration of easy-debian-chroot 0.9.10, be aware that the postinst script aborts with error if finds /sbin/dmlosetup and in trying to change the ownership of /home/user/.config/autostart/qstart.desktop - both from a previous installation. My workaround was first to prudently rename /sbin/dmlosetup to another name so that it's not found and is recreated by the script, and to move qstart.desktop out from its directory, in another place which is not interesting to Qole's installer (I moved it into /home/user/MyDocs) - then put it back after configuration was allright and over.
Then swith-lxde had its dependency fully satisfied and configured correctly.

It's nice! (in Italian common slang we say: "Figo"! - the previous generation used to say "Togo!").

Though, easy debian in a Xephyr window, from a plain vanilla Qolish install, says it has only 5.26 megs ram free, and uses 22.6 megs swapfile - while the same environment after shutting down maemo declares it counts on 6.06 megs ram and 19.7 megs swapfile. Only one million something bytes saved :-)

EDIT 2: problem: the MicroB browser window appears empty, with no widgets and doesn't react to ctrl-something commands, and it opens a supplementary window saying (in Italian) something like "updating".
EDIT 3: might due to the fact I'm still running Chinook. I'm a lazy guy, you see.

Last edited by debernardis; 2008-11-05 at 17:17.