View Single Post
Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Very worrying behaviour that should be either off by default or at least toggable in 'My profile':
That popup at the top about updates? I always assumed clicking it will take you to the updates page to make the decision.
It does exactly what you assumed. But since this is a remorse item, if you click, page won't open, and if you wait, it will be opened.

Warehouse does not install or update anything automatically. The only thing is enabling self-update channel (adding own repository for updates) at startup.

Since it never worked as I assumed, left it for the 5 seconds today and to my surprise it went and installed new updates without any interaction... wth?
This could not happen.

Please take a look at post #213.
Update popup is only a shortcut to page "Available updates" which can be opened as -> "My Profile" -> "Show updates".
Even when you are at "Updates", you have to manually select packages for update, and wait extra remorse timeout for action to be queued and executed.

why not make a sub-selection of apps that got enough thumbs ups/positive feedback from people installing it that would work like extras-testing? Positive feedback = not bricking, not yet ready for Jolla store, but people tested/liked it? We'd be back in N900 heaven (then again, ghost accounts thumbing up en masse to push malware as -testing could be a concern...))
Those subsections will be done in future, with extra marks like 'Harbour tests passed' or whatever else will be implemented.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post: