View Single Post
Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
[Update: This post reflects the status of sales release, not PR1.1 and later. Check MfE Heartbeat and FAQ for the current status of N900 MfE]

Hello to everybody here!

I am one of the (technical, not marketing) Maemo guys who is behind "broken", "buggy", "not working" etc. Maemo MfE implementation :-)

Could you post your feedback (better negative and constructive) to this thread?

At first, Let me put the FAQ.

- It does not work with google!
- Yes. And it should not. The release of the software which you can find in the box you have received was not designed to be compatible with google.

- OK, dude. What your piece of smth. is compatible with?
- MS Exchange server 2007. Period.

- Ohoho! What about Exchange 2003?
- Wait for sw. update.

- Ohoho! But what is the problem with google? I really want to have it!
- Google implementation of ActiveSync protocol and MS implementation of ActiveSync are different implementations of the protocol. http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...statement.mspx

- Can community do something to get the google support on board?
- Yes. Influence Google (to be compatible with N900) and Nokia (to be compatible with google).

- Does it support several accounts of type ActiveSync
- No.

- Importing self-signed certificate does not work for me! I see my certificate in maemo certification manager but MfE fails to sync.
- Yep. There is a bug in MfE. Workaround.

So, guys, I am waiting for your feedback. What are the worst problems you experience with MfE solution for Maemo?

Update. Maemo 5 MfE features wish list online poll is closed

Update2. Mail For Exchange (MfE) Heartbeat and FAQ

Last edited by vitaly_repin; 2010-01-16 at 13:47. Reason: Added a link to Maemo 5 MfE FAQ wiki

The Following 111 Users Say Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
406NotAcceptable, Alan_Peery, AlMehdi, Andre Klapper, archebyte, ArnimS, azad1top, b-man, bemymonkey, Caprio, cazzajay, chritto, codeMonkey, ColonelKilkenny, danielwilms, dart45, davedickson, dba, dneary, drangina, drm, dvergin, egrims, EIPI, epage, evil_m0nkey, extremia, fatalsaint, flux41, fms, frals, Gadgety, goemb, haja, iKneaDough, Inacurate, jahaugum, javispedro, jdr93, joelus, johnmccombs, johnnyrockets911, Johnx, JPvdBos, jukey, kamiwey, keesj, Kiberneta, kopte3, lma, louiskkchan, mannakiosk, Mara, mattaustin, Matte, mikec, mrojas, mrsellout, Netweaver, Nikem, noobmonkey, nymajoak, omniscy, ossipena, OVK, parasight, pavlik, pelago, pierro78, qgil, qole, qwerty12, ragnar, range, Rauha, reviver, sachin007, shadowjk, sjgadsby, spanner, spooley, Ssergio, stara, stlpaul, SubCore, surrealize, talpazzo, Texrat, The Winter, thorbo, timoph, timt1961, tissot, travla, twaelti, VDVsx, verhagke, vielfrass, vkv.raju, vode, WilliePre, wimmme, xabaras, yerga, zail, zerojay, Zuhälter