View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by csaba93 View Post
I have few questions to you Gerbick, since you own a Nokia Lumia 900
Sorry for just now seeing this...

I'm looking into buying the Nokia Lumia 900, but I read very mixed reviews. I have been the proud owner of a Nokia N900 for the past 2 years, but at this point its slowing down and I just want something different.
Allow me to say this... if you're happy with the N900, don't get a Lumia 900. Seriously, way different class of machines, and the complexity and what you can/cannot do on a N900 is leagues above the Lumia 900.

Only thing that came close was the N9, and it fell short.

I have heard that either WP or the Lumia doesn't have flash support?
This is true. There is no Adobe Flash support on WP7. None whatsoever, and as a Flash/Flex dev, this annoys me. It doesn't really affect my surfing on the web as much as it affects me in my profession. I now have two gadgets that cannot show my work - my phone and my new iPad.

How smooth is the OS? After watching some reviews the OS seems to be pretty smooth and no lag, but I'd like to know what you say
The OS is smooth, but if anybody says there's no lag, I can definitely say they're exaggerating. I've hit lag when I switch from my browser to my regular apps - say go from IE9 to my contacts, it hangs just for a second. I can do other app switches where slight lag creeps in.

Does it lag/freeze or does it ever restart by itself?
Lag, slightly. Restart? Not yet.

From reading some forums it seems there are some software fixes that people want, how is the support from Nokia?
So far, I hadn't needed them. The fix for data came the same day I bought the phone - or close enough. And so far, no probs.

I hope Lumia 900 wont be the next Nokia N900, I mean the way Nokia just left it without any updates and support.
I doubt it, but at the same time, it is a Nokia phone. Let's see if they've learned after dropping the N900 and N9 so damn quickly.

That's all the question and observation I have for the moment, thanks for sharing your experience about this new device, it helps a lot!
Hope my answers help. I'm a bit honest, can't say that my experience has been perfect on WP7.