View Single Post
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
All these discussions about resistive vs capacitive are lovely and interesting (and I did like using my N900's screen back then), but it's all moot when it comes to the Pro1.

For it to succeed, it needed to cater to a wider market (hello Crapdroid) and be affordable(ish).
That last part implied using parts that are easy to find in big quantities, which means lower prices (it also makes it easier to find replacement parts).
I can't say I know the market of mobile phone screens (spoiler alert: I don't), but from what I gathered, the N900 was one of few exceptions, and capacitive screens are now just about everywhere.

So as much as I like the idea of having the option to get a resistive screen on the Pro1, it's not going to happen.
Maybe we can discuss it for the ProČ (or whatever the name might be), if the Pro1 is successful, but for now: baby steps.

Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
zooming in and out is more comfy with volume buttons
Considering finger-zooming usually happens between your fingers, I don't see that doable with just buttons, or you'd just be zooming on something/place/position you can't control.

Last edited by British; 2019-03-27 at 11:51.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post: