Thread: ZaReason ZaTab
View Single Post
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
price is horrible
here you have 12" ips with much better specs for the same price:
http://www.pandawill.com/joojoo-tab-...ld-p49341.html
You can't say the JooJoo has better specs. It has ddr2 vs the same amount of ddr3 ram of the Zatab. A 4800 mah battery running on x86 vs an 8000 mah battery running on a much more power efficient arm processor.

Sure it can crunch pi faster but that is not what most people look for in a tablet. And its got twice the built in storage which might be great for some people, but for the people with flick and pandora or spotify chances are its not a big deal. Not even sure which has the faster gpu.

These guys are working withKubuntu Active . They base their business on Linux. I think that is fantastic and worth supporting. I think there is a much stronger chance of ever seeing Mer on this device.

In the end I think we are looking for two different things. You seem to think that a netbook flipped over on it self running WIn7 and *might* be able to run a Linux distro is where its at. Where what I am talking about is a tablet with a mobile architecture from a company willing to work with open source companies to get Linux on a consumer product.

At the moment it seems as if they are having trouble getting the internal display to work with U/Kubuntu. They'll get it sorted and push patches upstream. What are you gonna do when you run into an issue getting Linux on a no name tablet? Call China?