View Single Post
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Originally Posted by ivyking View Post
I was able to boot ubuntu 12.04 using unknown's kernel and the new u-boot, no errors upon start up, hopefully it stays that way.

attached is item file I used..

some notes:

ITEM_DEVICE="${EXT_CARD}p1"
ITEM_FSTYPE="vfat"

refer to where the uImage is stored rather than where the root device is.

ITEM_KERNEL="uImage"

refer to the uImage name on the first partition of the sdcard, no need to copy the uImage to /boot for regenerating the boot menu.

ITEM_USEATAG=1 is used instead of ITEM_REUSEATAG=1, the system won't boot using the later.(this happens even when booting maemo with kp if ITEM_REUSEATAG=1 is used in KP item file)

remove the .txt extension from the file, copy it to /etc/bootmenu.d/

then run u-boot-update-bootmenu
This worked great for me with kubuntu 11.10. Then I tried to install the powervr drivers but dkms failed and broke stuff.

it seems there are some files missing in /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.37-n900/arch/arm/include/asm/mach/ I believe dkms was complaining about memory.h.

According to what I read here: http://www.powerdeveloper.org/forums...ic.php?p=14532 it should be fixable by copying in the files from the unknown.obvious's source package in /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.37-n900/arch/arm/plat-mxc/include/mach/ to /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.37-n900/mach/

I'll let you guys know how that worked. It would be pretty groovy to get kwin with GLES working. Unfortunately, according to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/OMAP/Graphics , Ti doesn't compile the sgx drivers for armhf, so 12.04 may be a no-go in that department.

EDIT: Nope. still getting /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.37-n900/arch/arm/include/asm/memory.h:18:25: fatal error: mach/memory.h: No such file or directory

also tried copying files to /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.37-n900/mach and /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.37-n900/arch/arm/mach

i think i need this stuff:
usr/src/linux-source-2.6.37-n900/arch/arm/mach-omap2/include/mach/ the board-rx51.h looks promising.

Last edited by preflex; 2012-05-08 at 02:13. Reason: clarification

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to preflex For This Useful Post: