View Single Post
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
*lol*

Okay.

So Modest is the default email app for the tablet.

Applications --> Communication --> Email

I have all of my text messages forwarded to my Gmail account and I also use IMAP.

This can be found under "Settings" in Gmail.com.... "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" .

With Modest, the lowest setting to have it scan for new messages is once every 5 minutes.

I have a hack where I have it scan once every minute. If you would like this, I can upload it to you.

There's also an app called Claws Mail that you can install which I've heard good things about but have yet to try it.

I prefer this way better since it will even give you a ring tone which is something DialCentral cannot do.

In usr/share/sounds/

I changed ui-new_email to this sound instead
http://home.comcast.net/~jdeshon2/wa...s/jad0022a.wav

I also deleted the two sound files that are used for opening and closing a new window since those were somewhat annoying.

This only works if you go to Applications --> Control panel --> Sounds --> System sounds--> Level 1 or Level 2

And yeah, I use Tear.

Menu --> Tools --> Options --> Zoom_step --> string 0.8.

So when I go to google.com/voice/m in Tear, I just click on the Zoom in key just once.

To me, this is super zippy and I think it's probably the best and quickest way to keep in touch with others.

Those commercials you see on TV, about how that was so 24 seconds ago, yeah, that would be us. *lol*

But hey, it's all free so how can we lose?

Last edited by Addison; 2012-03-17 at 23:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post: