View Single Post
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by masq View Post
Hi,

A long time ago I set a password on my phone and used to lock it but it got annoying so I stopped doing it. Unfortunately I never reset the password. Today I accidentally hit the lock screen button and my phone locked itself. I can't for the life of me remember the password. I've read that I should take it to some nokia center somewhere but I'm in a village in the middle of nowhere for the next week and I'm sure there's no nokia center around and i really need my phone. Is there any way to get the phone functional again without flashing it and deleting all my data? I have the USB cable and a mac laptop (no windows but I do have linux installed). Any help would be much appreciated.
Friend,

You're talking about the Lock Code, right? Actually, flashing your N900 won't help either (the lock code won't go back to the default of 12345). There is a thread here which talks about the steps needed to extract an "encrypted" version of your lock code from your N900, and then using a decrypter application available in Linux (such as John the Ripper), so that you can recovery your lock code.

Here's the thread, hope this helps: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37808&page=33

The Following User Says Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post: