View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
[2013-06-04 02:15:04] <DocScrutinizer05> I'd probably rather ask "do you understand that the primary role of HiFo is to be community's *treasurer* and *accountant*? And that there's NO great _mission_ that HiFo should follow?"

...since HiFo doesn't even have the means nor the legitimation to follow such mission. If any great mission ever comes to existance, it will be born in the middle of maemo community, not in the heads of BoD during their dreams of changing the world. HiFo DOES NOT oversee and rule the community, it's community to oversee and rule HiFo, and it's community to decide any long term goal or project they want to pursue.
And now I notice I already slipped into Q#3 of above [relation MCC/HFC<->BoD]. Well that's easy to answer: MCC is community's proxy (and steward), BoD is community's treasurer. Defines it all, comprehensively. While HFC is the supervisory board of HiFo, which is why the both councils should (and will) get unified. Actually for 99.9% of us they never been two entities to start with.
OK, that's hardly a question now, it rather became a cover version of my application for past election

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2013-06-04 at 00:45.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: