View Single Post
Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
I too am having problems sending and receiving, its never really worked, although i have successfully received about 3 mms' out of the many many that i have received and sent about 2, but i dont know why these ones worked (all this was prior to PR 1.2!)

I am on vodafone UK, running PR 1.2 and using fmms version 1.1.9. I have contacted vodafone and they confirm mms is enabled on my account, so i got them to disable, and then re-enable it again to see if that would make a difference - it didnt

I have tried both these settings.....

Neither of these work, nor can i find any that do. When trying to send i get either "Operation failed, timed out" or "Operation failed, unable to contact operator" (or something like that).

Ive attached the logs for when trying to receive a mms using each of the settings above, they are distinguished by the port number.

Any help on this would be massively appreciated, cheers.
When i first updated to pr1.2 i had a load of problems in general, phone slow, some apps not working inc fmms, this was due to restoring the backup i made before the update, some of the apps i restored arn't even available for pr1.2 but i retrieved them anyway? then i think there's still things in the settings i backed up, to do with them apps inc fmms. This is a pain but make a note of all your apps and do another backup, reinstall pr1.2 via nokia pc suit then when you restore your backup, uncheck settings and apps list. then search and install your apps one by one, your phone should have no memory at all of fmms being there so install fmms again and put your settings back but do exactly what i did in my last post and see if it works. it worked for me. it just means fannying around with your settings to get ya phone back to how you want it. hope this helps my friend!

The Following User Says Thank You to natedog400 For This Useful Post: