View Single Post
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I apologize. "banned" was probably the wrong word to use.

Between tswindell's negative responses, stskeeps noting that the majority of discussions had moved to nitdroid forums (a helpful comment as opposed to a negative comment), and dj_steve noting the the post "will get closed soon", it kind of leaves the impression that nitdroid discussion here on TMO is being actively discouraged.

I know there are other threads discussing nitdroid, and I've notice several of them have requests to move discussion to forum.nitdroid.com.

I am also checking in at forum.nitdroid.com daily as well. Thanks for all the hard work those devs are putting in. I understand it can get frustrating seeing so many new users asking the same questions over and over (and questions which indicate they probably shouldn't be trying it). What I don't get is the seemingly active attempt to limit discussion here.

I saw n900 host mode discussions here that were cluttered with stupid questions, but also some new blood jumping in. Then discussion was moved elsewhere, and it seems not much more progress was being made, but more importantly decreased visibility lessened the chance that new people would get involved.

As I look forward to using nitdroid (if not on a daily basis, at least a regular basis), I sincerely hope that it doesn't get stuck for a lack of expertise in an unforeseen critical area, and not have the visibility to attract that expertise.

Of course if this thread hadn't started out the way it did, it probably would be dead and buried after 6 or so posts. Instead, it remains alive and cluttering the forum

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post: