View Single Post
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
15%, 20%, 25%, hell 30%,no prob.... A downpayment to cement my spot (or anyone's for that matter) on the order and as well enable the commencement of (needed) development towards the necessary end result makes perfect sense.....need 300.00 - 400.00 CAN.? Give me 2 weeks and it's yours.

I also third the sentiment concerning kickstarter...essentially handing more money to an organization (however good the idea) may be ....and considering that any venue that is getting so (right now so consistently) overexposed, will have the same impact for us... as trying to shout through a tornado and expect to be heard by the audience we wish to impact on.
Some how we need truly wicked P.R. with a direct comparison chart how (downpayment/preordering.... let alone purchasing) a Neo900 is more advantageous than buying the competing devices...because that is really the only way to sway people...toe-to-toe...if we can't convince others how advantageous it is to buy one over the competition then selling it to our own camp won't get any easier.....

Now is as good a time to strike... while the "Beasts" are wounded...(MS, Apple, even Android) ...esp apple since their stock fall after their latest (ha) release...Disaffected consumers will be looking for serious end user control...more freedom and greater longevity alternatives in their devices. A good P.R. campaign and good media exposure would be the best solution to getting the necessary numbers of people that are needed...

Just off the top of my head..celebrity wouldn't hurt either...from what little and feeble understanding and insight I have John Cusack (decent dude at the top of his game, taken seriously and heard by many) has a keen mind and a great abiding interest in alternative tech..especially in the realms of free open anything, hacking and security ( what little miniscule insight I may have) ...approaching him to possibly bend the ear of his friends and colleagues who would be interested ....or be a spokesperson wouldn't nor couldn't hurt ....or to simply let him know of neo900 as an alternative...I imagine it may pique his interest... . But that's me just throwing that out there...

Last edited by endsormeans; 2013-09-18 at 17:08. Reason: correction

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post: