View Single Post
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Awesome nevertheless
Yeah, just making it clear that I wouldn't be comfortable taking donations for what's largely other people's work.

But now you attract noobs like me, still sitting on 2.9.1 FW using pebble steel and pebbled with the growing question if it is already beneficial to upgrade to time FW and use rockpool?
Could someone wrap up a short "ceo summary" of what is working and what not? Maybe edit into the first post?
I heard it is not possible to downgrade back to non-time FW, so it would be cool to know before "loosing features" by simply trying out.
Yep, good idea. I don't want to be too encouraging until we've had some more testing though - we've already had someone stuck on recovery firmware, but luckily he was handy enough to get himself out of it.

I don't think you lose any features right now if you upgrade. There may be some apps that work in pebbled but not Rockpool yet. Needs more testing.

Any idea of how i could contribute without any qml but some console skills? Is the upgrade/install process already documented "noob friendly" comes to mind?
That sounds great. You can never have enough testing nor docs.

Last edited by abranson; 2016-03-24 at 10:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abranson For This Useful Post: