View Single Post
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
With the actual bylaws, the decisions community can make today is to vote for board, council, amendments of the bylaws and referenda for the election process. Board basically shows responsible/liable for the foundation and only decides about board matters; this will not change with the e.V. All other decisions are made by council. The idea behind the KDE-model is to strengthen this group for day-to-day decisions by expansion and putting more weight to their vote (by allowing only regular members to vote). This will (hopefully) result in better integration of active members, improved organisation of relevant tasks and reduced workload for single councilors. With this model, regular members can establish commitees/groups as they seem fit (upon majority of votes) and delegate responsibility/work. Today, only 3 people do that.

If there's one thing that we need, it's active supporters (e.g. maintainers) IMHO.
Shifting voting rights from community to active/regular members means empowering active members.
I believe that's why KDE chose this model and why we should at least consider it.
I see the point. So what about some "veto" for the community?

Projects no longer actively developed: here