View Single Post
Well, it works. I am absolutely in no way a designer. I fail horribly at anything regarding buttons, layout, or pointy-clicky crap.

I am calling on UI designers here to help me out... I can redesign this to work with whatever you can get me. All I need is a graphic showing what the layout should look like, and separate graphics for the individual items (like buttons and what-not).

Obviously the intent with this UI is to have the top and bottom labels be Song Artist and Song Title.. and the big textbox in the middle will eventually (I am thinking) be replaced by an updating graphic of the album that the song comes from. But that'll take a while as I need to learn how to interface with one of the free online song-search databases like FreeDB.

I am by no means attached to this design, as you can tell it's extremely rudimentary and took me probably an hour of total time (including tweaking) in getting it situated right. The hardest part was learning QT Designers layout buttons in order to make the whole thing expandable.

Of course the buttons are intended to be little graphics like an actual square for stop, not my totally awesome [ ] ... and a real triangle for play - I mean, I know |> is revolutionary and all.. but....

Anyway... consider this a proof of concept. It works.. I still need a whole interface for settings.. you need username and password at the least, then I also want to include the last.fm username/password scrobbling since it's a simple configuration change. I actually intend it to directly control the /home/user/.config/pianobar/config file and write it with settings from the UI. Obviously this means you can't have different configs for pianobar and the PyQT4 app (I'm currently referring to it as pyPandora - I'm so imaginative, right?! - but due to copyright issues I don't think I'll be able to release it under that) unless you manually move the configs around every time.

In any case.. here's a pretty (ugly) proof of concept for you guys to look at. And really.. I think it's pretty obvious: I need UI help!!!!!!!!!! .
Attached Images

pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-01-21 at 15:20.