View Single Post
Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
I was able to set up the "Click Toggle" fairly easily by doing the following:

1. Grab the script provided on page 1 of this thread (basically copy and paste text provided into KEdit or KWrite) and save as swmb.sh

2. Open Control Center ->Regional & Accessibility -> Input Actions

3. Make a New Group (eg: Kev's Actions)

4. Click on Kev's Actions and then make a New Action
a) General Tab -> Action Name: Click Toggle (or whatever); Action Type: Keyboard Shortcut->Command/URL (simple)
b) Keyboard Shortcut Tab: Tap on the rectangle and then assign the keyboard presses you want to activate the action. If you assign this to the (+) you won't be able to use that character anymore in regular text input - but as long as you don't care. FWIW - I assigned "click toggle" to Ctrl+F4 (F4 is the Menu button) but you can choose pretty much whatever button(s) you want.
c) Command/URL Settings Tab: Command to execute = navigate to the path of the swmb.sh file

5. Click Apply and go try out your new "Hotkey"

6. Now that you know how to set up a Hotkey you can look at some of the examples and try to make some others. I've made some for XMMS (my current media player of choice - I love the EQ) such that I can Play/Pause; Next Track; Previous Track - without having to stop reading my pdf files or minimize my pdf viewer window at all .

P.S. Many Thanks to Penquinbait for figuring this out!!! You ROCK!

I am not sure what I am missing here but after following your instructions, all that happens when I press the shortcut key is that Kwrite opens displaying the code. It doesn't execute it, I guess.