View Single Post
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Sorry, as this question probably is not very adding to the discussion, but as all Ubuntu builds seem to only run on 2.6.35 on N900, what is KP based on? Would it be possible to compile 2.6.35 with the patches for KP? I am asking as 12.04 seems to be running quite successfully on N900 (but only on 2.6.35) and as it uses latest libc6/libglib/... I was wondering if maybe 2.6.35+KP patches would allow us to update(overwrite/butcher) those libs without getting 'FATAL: kernel too old' error?
KP based on 2.6.28 and this will not change until Nokia reveals the sources for all the closed-source programs like the telephone applications and the hardware drivers for example.
I doubt they ever will so the only option to run other kernels is a dual boot, but than missing basic functions of the hardware.
Another question: why it has to be Ubuntu? I am using easydebian since n810-times and now on the n900- at the same time with maemo OS.
If you are looking for desktop-programs you find on ubuntu too use easy-debian. But now it's getting completely off-topic

CU Michael

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magic_doc For This Useful Post: