View Single Post
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
Greetings, can i enter into competition with huge update to existing application with was submitted by another maintainer last year? app was requested at community ideas section. some changes already done and released as night builds. uploading to extras-devel is in progress due to some tech problems.
Hey Custodian - the rules for the 2012 competition haven't been set yet but we did allow significant updates to existing applications to be entered in the previous two competitions. A significant update would be something like a new feature or functionality, rather than minor tweaks. Specifically, the competition rule for entries last year was:

•All applications, which are created and uploaded during the duration of the Competition will take part in the election. For existing programs, only progress which has been made during the Competition will be considered. When porting apps, only the work of porting will be considered, unless the original program is from the same programmer and was developed or extended in the Competition timeframe.
If you'd like to take a look at last year's competition wiki, it will give you a feel of what to expect this time around.

http://wiki.maemo.org/MeeGo_Coding_Competition_2011

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

Last edited by kojacker; 2012-05-14 at 14:16.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post: