View Single Post
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Announcing the release of the Google voice and Google contacts update notifier "qgvnotify" for Diablo and Fremantle.

It polls Google Voice and Google contacts every 5 seconds and will update a configurable topic on a mosquitto server.
I've built this utility to tie in with any mosquitto capable client.
The expectation is that you run qgvnotify on a machine that is not constrained by battery or data limits.

For me, this device is my n810 which is permanently powered and on wifi at home.
qgvnotify updates my mosquitto server whenever I get or make a call or sms or when I update my google contacts.

How is that useful?
I run qgvdial on my n900 or C7, and qgvdial can connect to any mosquitto server and be informed of updates from it.

How to use: run qgvnotify from the command line.
It will guide you through the options it needs - the Google username and password, the mosquitto hostname, and the topic to publish to.
It saves this information in an INI file at ~/.qgvdial/notify.log
The password is encrypted. The rest of the fields are plain text.
Once qgvnotify has all its configurable options, it will begin polling every 5 seconds. To terminate, use Ctrl+C.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Last edited by uvatbc; 2011-04-25 at 07:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post: