View Single Post
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
The new Council officially replaces the current council at the completion of the election although there is usually some delay and handover.

The Board being elected is for the new non-profit (that doesn't exist quite yet). So they don't start until there is an official meeting of the nonprofit at which each of the elected Board members formally accepts the position.

The council term is 6 months from the date of the election (although Nokia is likely to cut off before then - 12/31/2012). The Board's term is one year from whenever they take office. Despite being held at the same time, these elections are for different organizations and the overlap circumstantial (although it is my personal hope that the nonprofit can continue to use the community council body for facilitating maemo projects).

The bylaws process is going on now through community review and will continue as long as needed. We will be working to have a much improved draft by Sept 17th so that it can serve as a reference point during the Board elections. If there is a provision of concern in the bylaws, then it should be debated in conjunction with the Board election and asked of the Board candidates rather than the Community Council candidates.
thanks Rob!
sounds good to me

now to a more immediate but also important aspect of the election of the board (and, concurrently, the Council, of course).

for the Q2 election we introduced the "wiki page" format presentation / introduction for each candidate. that's all nice and dandy but leaves maybe too much latitude to the candidate and the voters with to many unanswered questions.

could we this time introduce a Q&A format, maybe a "mud thread" which would also put each and every candidate to the test of the daily churning of the Council activity (i.e. standing word and answer to the community on a thread)?