View Single Post
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
As usual, Nokia doesn't tell us much about the sales figures. Was the N900 a success? Did they think it'd do well and, in fact, it does? Does it even perform better than they thought it would on the market? Is it hard to sell? Maybe a complete desaster economically?

There are a few half-sentences here and there dropped by Nokians that the N900 is doing very, very well… But do we have any other indicators?

There's sites that list the lowest prices for gadgets in some markets. I usually use geizhals.at, which can be used to query EU/Germany/Austria. It also has a link to a partner site in the UK, skinflint.co.uk.

These sites not only list the current prices (and give you the best offer), but also let you see a chart of the price history.

What I found interesting was that in all charts I looked at, the price keeps rising since Dec. 2009. In the UK, for example, it was GBP 411 and is now GBP 446. In Austria, it was at € 509 and now is at € 539. Prices in Germany don't change that much, but still went up from €496 to €499.

Usually, you'd expect rising prices to be an indication of high demand, right? (Unless Nokia stopped producing the N900 in December and supply is low now...)

Do you guys have any similar indicators for other markets? Or any ideas what could be a useable indicator other than the price?

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post: