View Single Post
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
I believe I recently read that SMS have recently just been outnumbered by instant messages (lost the link), not sure if this was for France only or for a broader region... At least number of SMS have only recently decreased but remain very important (still more than 210 sms per person per month in France)

SMS are now unlimited (or cap at hundreds per month) for lot of people in France, which is normal as there is no cost attached to it. What is costly is data.
So even if SMS are losing leadership, it is not yet dead. And hopefully, because I much prefer using this than participating in the game of: "are you in BBM, whatsapp, viber, facebook, gtalk..." and then changing apps to talk to different people... Then there is still emails for what I cannot with SMS. Not saying that they are not useful (I do send sometimes messages via Skype or Gtalk) but the use case for me is much more limited...

Jolla will probably do their best to integrate all they can for marketing but this is not the core for me...

edit: typo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to P@t For This Useful Post: