View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
OSM Scout Server has been packaged into Flatpak - available at https://github.com/rinigus/osmscout-...server.flatpak . This allows you to use the server on desktop easily and develop against it. For example, modRana and Pure Maps.
Indeed! So far I have been always testing OSM Scout Server related functionality on my Sailfish OS device, but this way I can work on it directly on desktop as I do for basically everything else.

All in all, it works very well - I've tested map data download, tile rendering and place search and all seem to work fine! Actually, the Mapnik generated tiles seem to look better & have more details on desktop than when rednered on Sailfish OS. I guess this is due to some libraries being available that can't be used on Sailfish OS or possibly reduced resource constraints ?

BTW, I've noticed the socket activation toggle is still there in the flatpak version. IIRC you have mentioned socket activation is currently not possible with flatpak, so I guess the option should be hidden when running from flatpak ?

Thanks a lot for this! Having OSM Scout Server so easily available on desktop is really really nice & I think I'm certainly not the only one who will find it useful!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: