View Single Post
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
I don't know what's happened with my N9. Where to start:

Facebook feed on feed screen is a month old and won't update

Camera when used once, will not start again without a reboot since it reports "Camera is busy try restarting"

Can't share any photos, share application closes immediately when "Send" is hit without sending anything.

All messages are gone. Yes this happens a lot, but this time a mere reboot or tracker restart does nothing to bring them back.

All contacts gone. Reboots and tracker restarts do nothing. Attempts to import backups in vcard format look like they work, but still no contacts appear in dialer or contacts app.

Attempts to manually create new contacts entries fail. Hit the "Save"button and the contact app just hangs there forever and must be force closed.

I've been on the forums since 2007, a Nokia user since 1999, and an avid Linux phone enthusiast for a long time. But I just feel freakin' DONE.

I'm just tired of fighting, tired of feeling like the entire world is kicking me in the teeth because I don't use an iPhone or Android phone. Tired of websites not displaying correctly or mistaking my user agent for something else and directing me to non-existant app store.

I'm tired of services like Google Mail or Exchange sync, Pandora, WhatsApp and countless others suddenly removing support that I relied upon to get those services working on my Nokia.

I'm broken and done. I was a smartphone user back when most people didn't even have dumb phones, and now in a world where the internet is designed to punish anyone not using an iPhone or Android device, I'm seriously considering getting a dumb phone for emergencies only and just giving up.

Does anyone wanna buy a Black 16GB N9? I don't think I have the fight left in me to own it anymore. The bastards have won.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=281143996994

Last edited by cddiede; 2013-07-30 at 03:12.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post: