View Single Post
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by justmemory View Post
OK, I have been trying to chroot this kali image but it seems that maemo kernel is too old to do this - at least chroot prompts me the following: "FATAL: kernel too old". I think that's it...
The Maemo kernel is indeed too old.
For Easy Debian Jessie I was able to circumnavigate that by patching the glibc package, as I described here [1] in step 1.
It might work with Kali too, but I've never tried this with a glibc version that's used to running on a 4.x kernel.
The major downside is that you have to do this for every single glibc update, so you can't just roll with Kali anymore.

Just a hint:
Originally Posted by justmemory View Post
If you want graphical interface, you have to install vncserver on kali, and a vnc viewer on n900;
While vnc of course is a valid option, it has the downside of coming with a certain performance penalty.
Since both, host and guest are running an x-server you can solve this in a more elegant way via xephyr.
You need to install the xserver-xephyr package in Kali. Details about the start configuration can be taken from the debian-lxde script in Maemo's Easy Debian package.

[1] http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=3138

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post: