View Single Post
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Hey folks WTF is goin on here ?

I would really prefer not to start a Cold War feeling here at tmo. Switch your brains back on (and online) and stop following the speeches of the (crazy) politicians who are "ruling" the world this days - they are all looking backwards and want to reverse to the unglobalized (and easier to rule) world of the 80s by trying to mark all others as dangerous, unreliable, or even worse ... - I grew up in a divided country where people where shoot for crossing a border - I definitely don't want that world back ...

So please stop talking about the US, the Russians, the Chinese ...

We are all living in one world and if communities and communications between the people are on and working we can make a difference and on the long term no borders, politicians, ... can stop free speech, free movement and free software - even if they produce their own closed systems - if the Russian government wants a mobile OS which is 100% free from influence of other governments I wouldn't blame them - and neither Jolla for selling the base to them (that's business) - or would you call Linux a bad thing because a government builds is own closed system on the kernel (or on a specific gui) or would you call BlackBerry unusable because they sold many specially secured and closed devices for governments all over the world?

At least the choice is yours - use a special country version of SFOS or the community one from Jolla ... (at least that is what I hope for) - only thing I would blame Jolla for would be if they are helping governments spying on people or blocking them from something but that is neither said nor proofed ...

Sorry for any inconvenience

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post: