View Single Post
Originally Posted by thesuperblue View Post
Remove or hide?
Can You tell how?
If we can remove status bar, then nothing could reset QBW position and we can use them..? (this is a statement/question)

However, there is a usability and features of status bar that we need somehow then incorporate in a different way. e.g. various notifications - wifi, gprs/edge/3g, headphones jacked in, HAM, bluetooth notifications, share via service, availability and in the end - accessing a status menu (but the last one is minor in solving). I would like to see it stripped UP, but not to loose UX on an account of preety UI.
I can hide the status-bar but not totally remove it from that position. [i.e. by removing and modding some of the icons [although silent, bluetooth and wifi, etc. icons still appear respectively], hiding clock using advance clock plugin and setting the network name and shadow to black color using custom-operator-name]

So, finally the result is the status menu is totally hidden. but pressing on the status-menu area will open status-menu.

And as you can see, the status menu is just hidden and not removed, but the qbw still cannot be placed there at the top...

Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
What about the theme? Transtech, have you managed to do something yet?
You should work something out by analyzing the other themes.
about widgets: @Aapo: there are some .desktop files in /usr/share/applications/hildon-home. You should be able to work something out

I'm working on it... but the progress is slow and I'm still unable to show much about it here... will inform you by the end of the week...
o.k i'll see other themes for help as per your advice.

Originally Posted by ravent-n900 View Post
is it possible to write anything above time , battery ?
if we can utilize the [operator-name] area and make a new program/control-panel-applet [the hard way], i think we can do it, but its just an assumption... But as far as I know its hard and cannot be done...

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
You can count me in the Maemeemo crowd.

Installation was easy, though the Wiki page says that App shortcut size should be at 100. Mine is set at 96 and can't be changed. It is greyed out, along with bookmark size.I'm using the N900.
Install Theme-customizer ~v.63, and set it.. [the easy way]..

Last edited by TransTech; 2012-04-15 at 15:52.