View Single Post
Originally Posted by TomJac View Post
Where can we donate for you? :-)
I think it's a bit early for that. First let me build something which actually works Although if you really want to you can still find a donation link in Smokus Pebbled thread. As I posted a PayPal donation link there after popular demand for the timeline/notifications integration.

Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
No pressure, but do you have any sort of eta on a first release? There are quote a few of us that are quite keen to expand the use of our pebbles
No ETA yet. After two weeks of almost full time development (as I had some days of from my daytime job), I only spend a few hours on it the last two weeks after that. As it's also hard to find motivation and time to work on it after already having spend 8 hours on programming on my daytime job.

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
I'd start a new program too. The Time is too different, as usual, and I know the complications of having a single program supporting many smartwatches.
Actually there aren't that many differences. The only breakages are related to the unlimited apps feature and the timeline/notifications. When using the PT(S) with Smokus Pebbled it actually still sends the now legacy commands when it starts and stops an app, which means JSKit still works (but you do need to manually put the pbw file in the /apps/ directory of pebbled). But I also didn't like the implementation. As all messages were build and read using the binary messages. My implementation looks like the way it is build in libpebble2, using classes which represent the messages, which IMHO is a lot cleaner to use.

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
It would be more worrysome to me if you don't use libwatchfish for that at least. It's about time we start sharing the common parts of the different Sailfish smartwatch support programs, and why not start with notification support, since there's a shitton ways to get it wrong? (see the older issues such as pebbled "eating" jolla notifications).
I actually based the notification work on your code. Although I did modify it a bit. Changed the coding style to my likings, and I convert the messages to a QVariant instead of a class. But I didn't use/fork libwatchfish, just copied the code over into my project.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post: