View Single Post
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
I meant in a mobile world, Qt is pretty much dead. In desktop world, Qt is OK alive and I'd rather see Qt applications in Linux-desktops in the future than GTK-applications. (But maybe most likely Python/Qt applications and I hope Python-JIT-interpreter keeps developing and starts to use modern run-time optimizing compiler techniques.)

But if you are in a business of making applications to a mobile end users, I think Qt is dead. You should not ignore Java/Android, because IMO more and more in the future the markets will be there for both in low-end and high-end smartphones. Only total catastrophe from the Oracle vs Google legal fight over Java can stop Android now anymore.
Well lets se whats happens there. QT is ported to android and BlackBerry 10 supports it.

If the FOSS push it as hell it MAY be on mobile too even on android.

Java just sucks IMHO. Developers want alternatives. You can make every developer go Java.

If only Java will be the future I have to change job, cause then I am not intrested. Its as bad as in the 90:s when everyone developed for Microsoft only on desktop market.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-05-05 at 12:10.