View Single Post
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Italy
98% ready!

Here's the pic of it charging a standard cell, on the left, the grey thingh.

Full size

The charger.. simply grew up on it's own.. and sure, it looks more complicated than it really is.. really!

Add this, add that, fix, improve, expand.. wiring is also messy, never intended to be a final setup.

The core is a PIC16F690 and the true charger is the program written for it; hardware consists of a Pic, couple of opamps, a power mosfet, a small power transistor, 2 power resistor, a differential amplifier, LM317, 7805 and a nice display

The battery is treated like a motor, push it from one side and discarge itselft, push it on the other side and you can charge; check voltages, check temperature and regulate current. I might pots a video of it.. or not, it's nothing special about it.

The final pad for the battery will be that "black" thingh you see on the left side, near the LCD, it has embedded a LM35 to sense temp, and the battery will stay there when in charge.

Code is 98% done, I've still to fine tune the mAh count when discharging, so I can know the true capacity of the various batteries.

See you nexxxxt!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to foxOnTheRun For This Useful Post: