Thread: [SailfishOS] WhoGo Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
@mosen, gauge looking good. Not sure where to fit it though.

There was discussion over here about specific car navigation view. I could work on it when I get there - I am also using navigation mainly in the car and would love to get the corresponding mode available. Right now I am busy with the geocoder, though.

RE OBD: I remember when activating Jolla Store account there were some specific conditions regarding car interfaces and apps. If my memory serves me right, there were some specific restrictions regarding such apps. I suspect it has something to do with Qt and its use in cars. Assuming that it is just limitation of the store and not general for Qt, would be great to get the car speed via QtLocation API. I wonder if it has been done already.

Actually, I have somewhat WhoGo Maps related question: has anyone seen something similar for desktop Linux? We have modRana, but that's without Mapbox GL support (yet). Anything else, supporting geocoding, Mapbox GL, routing / navigation? When I looked for it, I couldn't find anything except few demos with rather limited functionality.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: