View Single Post
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
This seems as good a place as any to spark some wiki discussion. I did a big overall to the front page of the wiki this morning, shuffled a lot of stuff off into separate articles and generally made things more organized—it's still pretty messy, though.

Seeing as how the feel-good discussions before about everybody pitching in and contributing to the wiki kinda went nowhere (well, it does look a bit better than it did before), I think it might be time to organize a concerted effort to get the wiki unified, organized, cleaned up, cleaned out, and generally up-to-snuff.*

The problem with many small wikis is the lack of centralized structure and organization planning. As such, I'm asking for some people to step forward and volunteer to help put together a kind of style-guide, and act as copy-editors, spell-checkers, and organizers for the ITT wiki.

I'm interested in contributing to this myself, but a little less so in leading it.† So if somebody wants to step forward to do that, I'd appreciate it as well. If not, I'm OK with doing this in more of a leaderless-collaboration fashion.

*Please speak up if I'm treading on anybody's toes! Just because I haven't noticed any organized efforts, doesn't mean there aren't any. If you're out there, let me know! I'm much more interested in throwing my weight behind something that already has a little energy and organization than trying to duplicate effort starting afresh.

†Somebody with a little more n00b-favor than myself should probably be in the position, anyway.