View Single Post
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
libmatchbox2: Merged missing CSSU commits.
hildon-home: Realised repo was missing/local not a git repo Started to clean the original patch ready to upload at a later date.
Why not use the one in CSSU?

hildon-control-panel: Initial 3.14 port.
status-menu-applet-profiles-gtk3: Initial 3.14 port. Not commited yet, need to confirm something first.

freemangordon: I have a few queries about what your targetting.
  • What version of Clutter are you targetting? Nokia 0.8 or upstream 1.x?
  • What about components like profiled, iphb that have had work done upstream? My build is still using Mer components at the moment so I have a few packages that using the updated defines contained within them. Profiled has ditched some of the backup code by the looks of it so if that is a real issue, I'll switch back to the Maemo version.
I'd like to keep as much Maemo (read Nokia) components as possible. The reasoning - all those had been through thorough testing. Not only that, but those were meant to be run on mobile devices, so they had been highly optimized. I am not sure the same applies to the so-called upstream.

I'd like to keep dsme, mce, etc from Maemo - all those have source code available, so I don't see a reason to not use them. At some point "we" can diff Maemo and Mer components to see if there is something in Mer that is worth forward-porting.

Another reason - imagine tomorrow we have all the hildon stack up and running based on Mer components. Great. Only that there will be almost no applications from Maemo repos that can be simply recompiled - they'll need porting to the new API, whatever it is.

(Yes, forward-porting, I assume Maemo CSSU as upstream, not Mer )

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: