View Single Post
I do. I got one a few days ago and I'm just getting into Maemo. The thing is, for having more time and privacy, I got off social media, Gmail, Google search, WhatsApp and so on a few years ago. Bought a Nokia 5800 for nostalgia and fell in love with Symbian S60. From there I went through several other Nokia devices, as well as some Lumias, until I relatively recently decided to switch to FOSS completely. So I use my phone for calling, but my SIM is inside a Nokia N97 Mini which never leaves the home. I just love smartphones so much, they're my passion, so I love to take one with me but I don't like being tracked.
To me, the Nokia N900 has always been a niche yet powerful device which I could only dream of, because where I live there are few in second hand websites and all surpassing 150€, which is way too much for me. But I recently saw one for 40€. No box, no accessories, no stylus even. But in fairly good condition and, I mean, it's very cheap and for how cool and rare it is I just had to get it. And so I actually convinced the guy to lower it to 30€ and here I am! Since I don't use my smartphone for too much, it's completely OK for me in terms of functionality. And Maemo 5 is... woah. Mind blowing. And quite refreshing(I was using Symbian S60 5th Edition before it!). So yeah, I proudly use a Nokia N900 as my main phone today.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aikon For This Useful Post: