View Single Post
I was very keen to buy the N900 as the iphone and Blackberry being common and the blackberry now being a fashion phone anyway. I only bought it a month ago and was very pleased and amazed with the phone or mini-computer shall i say.

I haven't had much time yet to experiment around with the N900 but from reading online, I was really looking forward to learn all the languages, hacks, tricks etc with the phone.

Im not too well informed on this MeeGo business, but from the looks of it and the majority's opinion I am very disappointed with the next step of nokia to abandon maemo 5 and change to this MeeGo. I very much liked the Maemo 5 and was quite unique which is why I liked it. From what it seems there wont be much support from nokia so the N900 will basically be an out of date unfinished phone??!!?!?

If so why not just make the MeeGo an optional Upgrade and users who want to stick with Maemo can do so and continue support and updates through the community and forums like these.

Like i said i was and still am extremely pleased with this phone but now after reading all this, it has come to me as quite a surprise! Lol at cryox92 for I must say he is so right about how Maemo and Nokia advertise the HIGH spec qualities of the camera and video and a few other things but isnt exactly that. Then again overall this mini-computer is a quite a sleek high tech gadget.

I can be certain many users must have attacked Nokia for making this move. I strongly feel and would maybe suggest people request Nokia to keep the maemo option open and make the MeeGo an optional upgrade for users who wish to do so. Maemo could continue to receive updates through users, enthusiasts and experts. I read so much how this phone allowed users to create their own software by open hacking etc, thus being the best phone out there and i chose this over the HTc models including the Desire for this reason!

So whats going to be the future for the N900 now...... Im now in doubt and uncertain whether it was the right decision to buy the N900, which at the time seemed definitly better than the iphone or the other phones in the market.